Successful branding is more than your logo, colour scheme and fonts. More and more brands understand the power of stories to transform their online presence and build likeability and trust. Iconic brands like Apple, Disney and Coca-Cola have long realised the power of their brand story to build a connection with their audience.
What is a brand story?
Many people think that this is the history of their brand, and they’re not entirely wrong; this can be an essential part of your brand story. In reality, however, your brand story should be something much bigger and better and it needs to inspire an emotional reaction. In the process of neural coupling, a speaker and a listener share a story that allows their brands to interact in a dynamic way. They are emotionally hooked and begin to trust that brand. It’s psychological; assuming the story is written in the right way.
Tips for a good story:
1. Personality: People trust other people, so make your story personality-driven so that it will provide someone real for customers to trust.
2. Keep it short: Simple stories will do better or you can lose the momentum that is integral to its success.
3. Problem Solve: Include the problem you can-solve, how you’ve solved it, and how this means you can solve the customers problem now.
4. Ending: End with success! It shouldn’t feel like the end of the road, but rather the beginning of a new adventure that the customer can join you on.
5. Speak to the customer: Remember that the goal of the story is to create a connection with your customers. Therefore, you need to tell your story in such a way that it tells your customers “we relate to you, we understand you, we are like you.”
How do I start writing an authentic brand story?
The first step in writing an authentic brand story is thinking about why you started your company. What problems were you trying to solve for your customers?
Read our Brand Story HERE.
For more help with writing a great brand story please get in touch here. We help you to create and tell your engaging brand story to grow brand awareness, leads and sales.