Get free backlinks to improve the SEO of your new Wix website
As well as creating high-quality content, it’s imperative to focus some time and energy on a savvy link building strategy. For those of you that don't know, backlinks are links from one website to a page on another website. Backlinks remain one of the most critical parts of Google’s algorithm. So, if your competitors have more high-quality links than you, they’re in better position to beat you to the top of the search results. It's not a case of just adding poor quality backlinks to your site anywhere and everywhere though... this could damage your trust and SEO.
So how can you create more backlinks for your website for free?
1. Google Places You have to have a physical address to sign up for Google Places. With a Google Place page you can add a link to your site and add other information about your business. This will greatly help your rankings. Make sure you get satisfied customers to review you!
2. Yell You can get a lot for free with Yell including a link to your site, though they will phone you up.
3. Google+ Set up a Google+ page for your business. You can add a link and connect with other businesses and potential customers.
4. Twitter Make sure you have a twitter account. You can add a link to your site which will appear on your homepage. Social interaction is good for your website. But make it natural – don’t cheat.
5. Freeindex The UK’s fastest growing business directory. For free you can have a link to your site, and add pictures, videos, business description etc. How high on the page you will appear, in your category, depends totally on the number of good reviews you have so if you have lots of happy customers get them to review you and you will cruise up the list!
6. Facebook Create a Facebook page for your business. Get customers and friends to like you. You can have a link to your site and do lots of other stuff.
7.YouTube Video is the way to go these days. Why not create yourself a video channel. You can get another link to your site from there. You can also add links to your site in every video you do.
8. LinkedIn Make sure you have a LinkedIn profile. You can add a link to your site.
9. Craigslist. You can post a business description, image and website link. However, the post will only appear for 7 to 45 days depending on which city you post your add in, so you have to re-post your listing.
10. Net Mums is a good place to get a link to your site. Only use though if your business is reasonably relevant to the site. Great for coffee shops, toddler groups, children's clubs and nurseries etc. Your links should be relevant.
Finally, think about sites in your business industry where you could post a relevant link. For example, a local personal trainer might have a profile on places like star of service, bidvine and ukfitnesspro. Another tool that could be useful is ubersuggest; here you can gain access to the backlinks data of your competitors and try to target the same links to improve your ranking.
Mikala at Moon Digital